Question

Airtable error: Failed to create a record in Airtable, error from halted execution: Record not found

• 29 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello everyone!

Hopefully someone can help me with this as it is halting production

We have setup a Zap to setup to make a google drive folder when a new airtable user has been added.

Then we are trying to update the airtable with a google drive link to that google drive folder but the zap will not work.

Any reasons why this would not work?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PitchVC 

Good question.

In order for us to have context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

@Troy Tessalone how are you? 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Here are our steps in order.

Over all 

As you can see, all of them work fine up until we have to actually pull the google folder link from google drive.

Here is step 5 in detail.

Everything works to this point but this last step keeps breaking but the only thing we are doing is the top 3 and then the actual google drive link.

I have tried changing the fieldType in airtable but nothing seems to work :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PitchVC 

Are you encountering an error when testing Step 5?

Make sure the Field type is one of these:

• Single Text
  • Long Text
  • URL

Yes getting an error

Have also tried the fieldType as all those options

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PitchVC 

That means there is no record with this ID, perhaps it was deleted.

How to change your trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

TIP: You can add a Formula field to the Airtable with a RECORD() formula to see the record ID.

@Troy Tessalone hey mate, how are you?

So we have the green tick on everything now but it still is not updating airtable with the googledrive link

Userlevel 2
Badge

@PitchVC 

I’m guess you update wrong record or you are missing the data. Please debugging as follow.

1. On the Test Action step, after “Test and Review”. Please check to see if the Google Drive Link is there. If it is, please copy the Record ID.
  2. Go to Airtable, look up for that Record ID.
  3. View history of that record to see if that got override by something else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PitchVC 

Can you show a screenshot of how that field is configured in Airtable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PitchVC!

Were you able to get to the bottom of this? Let us know if you still need some help!