Best answer

Airtable error: 404 error code when using the unique Contact ID as the search criteria to find the record in Airtable

• 1 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I am a newbie to Zapier, so this is probably simple. I have an Airtable base that has multiple date fields. I want to update these date fields when a tag is applied to a contact in Keap Max Classic. The contacts in Keap buys a package of 7 courses and a unique tag is applied when they finish each one of the courses. I have successfully set up a zap to create an Airtable record for them when they purchase the 7 course series, but have not been able to get the zaps to work updating their records when a course completion tag is applied. 

I can get all the way to the final step of updating the record in Airtable and it always returns a 404 error. I am using the unique Contact ID as the search criteria to find the record in Airtable and I have a date field in Keap that gets automatically updated when the tag is applied. I am trying to get Zapier to pull that date field info into Airtable. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 December 2022, 13:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @whitlowe!

It sounds like you’re doing great for a Zapier newbie! Let’s see if we can get that last step straightened out :) 

In the update record step, what’s in the Record field? It needs to be the ID of the record that was found in the previous step. To do that, select custom and then click on the ID field from the find record step:

If you already have the record ID mapped into that field, could you share a screenshot of the Update record step? That way we can see if something doesn’t look right. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

Thanks so much. I found my error. I was using the ID field from Keap (that started the trigger) instead of the ID field in Airtable that was looking up the record to modify the fields. It is working now, so thanks!