Best answer

Airtable connection expired in Zapier after upgrading to Business account

• 11 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody

We just upgraded to the Airtable Business account and recently updated our Airtable connection in Zapier from one user's personal access token to another user. 

Now all the Zaps using Airtable have stopped working - and have an error message that the Airtable connection is expired.

I've tried reconnecting the airtable account several times, and each connection says expired.

When you sign into Airtable through Zapier, there are a few new options…

We selected the Organization option as that makes the most sense for us.

Any advice?? Thank you

icon

Best answer by jake.reworx307 11 October 2023, 04:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jake.reworx307 

Good question.

One thing to try is to reconnect using a new/different private browser.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone thanks for the suggestion! I tried this and unfortunately it still says to reconnect the app. A few variables I wonder about…

• Zapier account email does not match the Airtable account email
  • Updated the original connection from the prior user personal access token to the new user PAT

I’ve also just tried creating a NEW connection and this also shows as expired.

Thanks for your help

Jake

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jake.reworx307 

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jake.reworx307 

Wondering if this is related:

Airtable Authentication Changes
Hi Troy,

As promised, we're back with more updates about the Airtable OAuth transition. Your trust is important to us, and we want to ensure you're in the loop every step of the way.
Quick Recap:
A short while ago, we informed you of Airtable's decision to deprecate API keys in favor of OAuth. At that time, we shared that we're actively working to ensure a smooth transition for all Zapier users.
What's New?
In line with our previous communication, we want to let you know that all your enabled Zaps will be updated to use OAuth starting on September 25. This is a crucial step in ensuring that your Zaps continue to operate seamlessly.
What Do You Need to Do?
Feel free to sit back and relax! There's no action required on your part. This changeover will occur in the background and is designed to be as unobtrusive as possible.

We've got it handled.
Stay Informed:
After the September 25 update, once all enabled Zaps have been successfully transitioned to OAuth, we'll send another email to keep you informed. Your peace of mind is our priority.

For a deeper dive, check out Airtable's updated help document. As always, if there's any concern you'd like to discuss, our support team is here to help.
Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone I was also wondering that. I submitted a tix early this morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jake.reworx307 

I’ve seen some other clients with intermittent Airtable Zap app connection issues recently, so guessing it’s either something on the backend with Zapier or directly related to Airtable.

Userlevel 1

Sorry for leaving you hanging @Troy Tessalone ! 

After many support tickets and lots of confusion…. First you want to revoke access to zapier in Airtable. Profile icon > integrations. Next, when you authenticate Airtable in Zapier, DON’T select the Organzation option. Every time I did this it didn't work, and would show that it was an expired connection. I'm not at my computer, but the other option I believe it says “add a base” on that sign in screen is what you want. It's a bit confusing but after clicking through it there is an option that says “all current and future bases and all current and future workspaces”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you so much for popping back in here @jake.reworx307 to share the solution you found! It’s much appreciated. 🤗

Seems like you’ve managed to resolve the issues with your Airtable account connection now. But if you do need help in future please do reach back out to the Community again - we’re always here and happy to assist!