Best answer

Airtable authentiication and integration version updates

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Anyone eelse seeing thesee the last two days?

I am working with a client and the main API Key is not readily available (not my company) ...I can make due, but does anyone know how to avoid this?  Like, I am usinig the airtable integration, I don’t care which version it is I just expect it to work.

icon

Best answer by EJR 24 August 2022, 09:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi @mixelpix,

Welcome to the Zapier Community! Happy to help here.

This error usually appears when you are using an older version on an app integration -- in this case, the Airtable app integration (when you see a version number next to an integration name, it means a newer version is available). 

I recommend checking the app version for the Airtable app you are using by going to your trigger/action step and then look for the part where you can choose the app & event. From there, check to see if the Airtable app has other newer version. Usually it will have a label that says ‘Latest’ next to the name of the app. 

When you get a chance, give this a shot and let us know how it goes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @mixelpix ,

To follow up on what @EJR said, Airtable has a new integration on Zapier, seems you are trying to use the older one (version 1.9.1) and this is why you are seeing this error maybe?

On another note, you were saying you are not using the main API key, so you are using your own API key? If so, do you have Creator permission in Airtable? If your permission in Airtable for this particular Base is less than Creator you might run into this error when trying to Create a new record. 

Let me know if any of that helps :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @mixelpix!

I’m not 100% sure if this workaround is still applicable, but if you’re in a bind you could try duplicating one of the Zaps that uses the older integration.

That may allow you to build and publish the Zap, at least as a stop-gap measure until you can get the API key.