AI Reverse Engineering on Format

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I initially meant to ask a question on how to have empty data points (via logic branching on Typeform and its trigger) omitted from results with Bold Questions for email confirmations.  I was going to force myself to learn Format’s Utilities/Text when (on a hope, a wing, and a prayer) I saw the “Format data” feature.  I asked for “Make the Questions bold and omit any questions where answers are missing.”  Let me tell you - it delivered and it was flawless.

Now, I believe that the Format data (via AI) feature is the next awesome leap in Zapier onboarding and usefulllness - especially for novices that know how to articulate their needs but can’t execute because they jsut don’t know what they don’t know, but it’s missing a major key component: the ability to see what the AI did.

As far as I can tell, the output is exactly what I had in my head, but if I want to tweak something (for example, in my example it bolded the questions, but it is using an <h2> format HTML element instead of <b> HTML element) I simply can’t/am not allowed to see what it did, much less edit it minutely.

As a novice, I would learn twice as fast.  Thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Crossing Church, you raise a very good point! 

I’ve shared your comments here with the Product team so this can be looked into. I can’t make any promises as to whether they’ll add a way of being able to edit the step that was created by that Formatter with AI feature, but we’ll be sure to let you know if and when that happens. 🙂

In the meantime, if you can share some screenshots showing what fields and settings have been selected by the AI in the Action section of any actions it added to the Zap to handle the formatting? I’d be happy to take a closer look at that and advise where you’d need to make some edits to the current setup to have it use <b> tags instead of <h2> tags.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!