Skip to main content
Question

Affinity issue: Organization ID changes between "Find an Organization" and "Find List Entry" steps

• 3 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m encountering a strange bug that involves just two Affinity steps.

Basically, I find the Organization ID in Affinity based on the website with a Find Organization step and then I use the same Organization ID to find the List Entry.

As you can see in the screen below, Zapier correctly find the organization ID:

Then, I use the same ID in the Find List Entry Step:

And it seems to process the ID correctly:

Now, I know for a fact that the organization IS in the list also because you can’t see it in the first screen but it finds a correspondence of the list while searching the organization (and also because I can open Affinity and I’m not blind).

But the thing that surprises me the most is the Troubleshooting response that seems to indicate that the Organization ID processes id DIFFERENT from the one I use as input:

What’s the deal here???

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mc_vento 

To help us have more context, can you post screenshots showing the List ID returned as part of the data from Step 2 OR the matching Org in the List in Affinity?

Badge

I’m sorry I was wrong I didn’t get the List ID from step 2, here’s the second part of the output:

Below the screen of the company in the list, unfortunately I had to black out almost everything for privacy purposes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mc_vento 

In Step 2, the returned data shows 0 List Entries.

Perhaps at the point in time when you tested the Zap step, the Org was not part of the List as an Entry in Affinity.

If you are still having issues, it may be worth trying to map the Org Composite ID instead of just the Org ID.