Best answer

Affinity error: The app returned "Filed entity_id: expected 91565645 to be a valid id for model Affinity

Userlevel 1
Badge

Using the affinity integration to update an entity is giving me the above error.  I have tried manually typing in the ID of my entity, using the generated one, and using the search in affinity feature where it finds the correct ID.  All of these result in the above error, and “listEntryCompositeId” being shown as having no data.  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

For reference, the number it mentions as the entity ID is correct, as I have used it in both the “find a list entity” and “create a note in affinity” jobs and it works perfectly fine

icon

Best answer by dwhalen 5 March 2024, 15:03

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dwhalen 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

The List Entry field expects a valid List Entry ID for the selected List “Triage”.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Troy, here is my workflow as it stands

As noted, I use this ID elsewhere and it is valid.  When I provide an invalid ID it gives a different error as below

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen

Which Zap step is the error from?

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how the full Zap step is configured.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Step 8 “Update an Entity in Affinity” is what’s failing.  What’s below are the only fields that are configured.  All other optional fields are left blank

Here are the other tabs as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen 

Can you provide more context about how Step 6 is configured?

Check: Does the specific ID from Step 6 being used to test exist for an opportunity on the List “Triage”?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sure, Step 6 finds the Opportunity that I created in step 3.  This isn’t necessary, but more of a sanity check I did when I started running into errors.  It does pass and finds the opportunity, so it is present in the list (I verified in affinity as well)

Here is the config

And here is step 3 where I make the opportunity in the “Triage” list

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen 

Are you trying to update the same Opportunity from Step 3/6 in Step 8?

If yes, then map the Opportunity ID from step 3. (and remove Step 6)

Check the screenshots below, the mapped variables have different value structures.

From Step 6.

From Step 8

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen 

In Step 8, check the List Entry field dropdown list for the available options to see the expected value formats after reviewing the help article below.

Help article for how to map dynamic variable values to dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

If you still need help, post screenshots of some of the List Entry fields dropdown options from Step 8.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I should clarify, by “the generated one” I meant the one in the list option field.  So I have already tried using that directly and get the same error.

Here is what it looks like in the dropdown

And here is the error persisitng

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dwhalen 

Ok, so this looks to be the correct variable to map.

Might be an issue with another field.

Can you post screenshots with how all the other fields in the Zap step 8 are configured?

Userlevel 1
Badge

These are the only fields that are filled in, as I’m just trying to update the description of the entity I created in an earlier step for right now.

There’s a lot of other fields, but none are marked as required and none have any data.  Here’s what the values look like before I hit test

Userlevel 1
Badge

I found the issue, there’s multiple fields labeled “Description” the top one isn’t generic, it’s in reference to the “organization” field, which in this case wasn’t filled out yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @dwhalen! We’re glad to hear you were able to get it sorted!

Also, thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our Community members who might have a similar issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗