Question

Added fields in Airtable aren't showing up in my Zap

I’ve added a new column in my Airtable and I want to update the email zap I have with information from that column. However, the new column doesn’t show up in the list to ‘insert data.’

I have tried:

1. Refreshing the pages in Zapier and Airtable.

2. Re-authenticating Airtable account in Zapier.

3. Checking that field type in Airtable is supported by Zapier. 

4. My Airtable field/column is not empty - I have data in the records I want to send to.

What more can I do, please?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @AOU,

Welcome to the Community!

Before we dig deeper into this, please send a screenshot of how the Zap is setup? Also, a screenshot of the column in Airtable. (Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot)

Thanks! 😊

Thanks for the welcome. Here’s my setup in Zapier and my Airtable field with a few coupon codes in them.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AOU,

You’re welcome!

Thanks for the screenshots! Have you tried adding the “Find Record” action step? If not, could you please try adding that and see if it’ll return the column you’re referring to.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊

Hello,

No it hasn’t.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @AOU 

Have you tried the workaround that Ken suggested?

Let us know how it goes!

This has not worked. URL fields have not shown up for more at all. 

I can Find a Record using the URL field but not insert or even use it to search or pass in from the Find a Record step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Postman-Kyle,

Could you please send a screenshot of the URL field in Airtable? Also, please send a screenshot of how your Zap is configured.

Additionally, are you trying to fetch the URL from the trigger, or are you looking for the URL field in the action step?

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Did you find a solution?

I’m getting this issue as well. When I delete or add columns in Airtable, Zapier will show the deleted ones and won’t show the new ones. Only way for me to go about this is to create a new Zapp (quite annoying).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there,

I understand that it can be frustrating when updates in an app don't seem to sync with your existing Zaps. Often, when you make changes within the app, these aren't instantly updated in your Zaps. To ensure that your Zaps are running with the most current information, you might need to take a couple of steps:

• Reconnect the account: Sometimes, simply reconnecting your account can prompt the Zap to recognize recent changes.
  • Create a new Zap: If reconnecting doesn't do the trick, consider setting up a new Zap. This can often be the quickest way to ensure that all the latest app changes are updated.

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1

Reviving this old thread, as there is still an ongoing issue here. In my case the problem seems to be isolated to the ‘Create or Update Record’ action.

Problem: When new fields are created, or existing fields are renamed in Airtable, they do not sync over as fillable options in the ‘Create or Update Record’ action.

Additional information: I added the new fields to the Airtable base about an hour ago. After a couple of minutes the changes did properly sync with most areas inside of Zapier: if I search for a record in this base, it returns the new fields; in the ‘Create or Update Record’ action the new fields show up as Lookup Field options. However the one place where the new fields do not show up is as fillable options in the body of the ‘Create or Update Record’ action.

Troubleshooting steps tried: 

• Refreshing fields had no effect
  • Creating a new Zap had no effect
  • Reconnecting my Airtable account had no effect

Workaround: Use ‘Find Record’ and ‘Update Record’ in tandem to recreate the functionality of ‘Create or Update Record.

1. Rather than using a ‘Create or Update Record’ action, use a ‘Find Record’ action. Select the option to ‘Create Airtable Record if it doesn’t exist yet’. The new fields should appear as options, and you can map values to them.
  2. Then add an ‘Update Record’ action. For the ‘Record’ field, map to the ID field from the ‘Find Record’ action. The new fields should appear as options that you can map values to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mholbrook 

I encountered this issue yesterday, but it seems to be resolved now.

There may be a slight delay with new Airtable fields being made available in the Zap Editor.

Hi @mholbrook 

I encountered this issue yesterday, but it seems to be resolved now.

There may be a slight delay with new Airtable fields being made available in the Zap Editor.

How long is ‘slight’ as I’ve been waiting 10+ minutes now and it’s not there… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Raincity,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

My next step would be is to reach out to our Support Team regarding this issue. Our Support Team has the right tools to look closer at the Zap and its logs to determine the cause of the issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Raincity 

It varied from a few minutes to an hour when the issue was happening.

Also having this issue atm. 😣

Will give it an hour, and then up mholbrook’s work around.

Userlevel 1

Also having this issue. Seems a bit redundant to have a “refresh fields” button if it doesn’t do anything? When can we expect a fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SimonG 

Are you using the Airtable Create or Update Record Zap action?

I’ve noticed a delay for new fields to propagate to be available in the Zap action step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone yup I am and have noticed it too - I normally need to wait half a day before they’re available! Quite frustrating when it’s just a minor change!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SimonG,

I’d suggest reporting this to our Support Team so that they can determine the cause of the delay.

You can reach out to our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I’m also having this issue. Will give it a couple of hours. But I don’t want to do the workaround. This is a multi-step zap that will be used often and it adds another task.

Even creating a new zap didn’t work to fix this….