Question

Add OR update row in Google sheets troubleshoot

• 25 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I need some help with the Add OR update row in google sheets. Couldn't answer on the excisting topic. Somehow I can't get it managed to work. 

1. Gravity Forms - Form Submission
  2. Lookup Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
    1. Lookup Column: E-mail (COL$F)
    2. Lookup Value: Gravity Forms E-mail
    3. No supporting lookup column
    4. Bottum-up: no value
    5. Create Google Sheets Spreadsheet Rof if it doesn't exist yet = YES (tag placed)
  3. Update spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets
    1. Event: Update Spreadsheet Row
    2. Row - Custom - ID
    3. Selected all the columns which should be updated with the right gravity forms data

What am I doing wrong?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VIND!

Looking at the steps that you’ve described in your post, I would expect this to work as you need it to. What happens when the Zap runs? Does it create rows when it shouldn’t? Are rows not being updated in the 3rd step? Could you please explain more about what happens and also share screenshots of steps two and three? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc). If we know more about what’s happening we can help you to troubleshoot :) 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @VIND it’s been a few days since we’ve heard from you so I just wanted to check in here to see if you still needed help. Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Problem solved. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @VIND - glad to hear it was solved! Would you mind sharing with us what worked if you have a minute? This way we can help all the folks who may come across this thread in the future! 

Best- Rachael