Skip to main content
Question

Acumbamail error: The app returned "Subscriber email already exists in the list"

• 1 July 2024
  • 6 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Im trying to do the following (which should be very simple and straightforward).

When a new answer is collected on Formaloo, add the email as a subscriber on Acumbamail.

I get the error “user already subscribed”, but the thing is, they are not! They are not on the list.

What can this error be really about?

Thanks a lot!

6 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Adding more context

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @agenciaeremo 

Try toggling on the setting for updated existing subscriber data in the Zap action step.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy.
Thing is: if i toggle on that, and the user isnt there to “update”, wouldnt that prevent my subscriber to subscrbibe?
makes sense what im saying? 

I toggled off that option because all these new form submissions are from non-subscribers

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agenciaeremo

The encountered error was because you tried to create an existing subscriber.

If you toggle ON the option to update existing subscriber data, then that should prevent the error.

Userlevel 1

Yes, thanks! But the problem is I KNOW FOR A FACT that the user is not an existing subscriber. That is why the error is, in fact, an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@agenciaeremo 

You can try reaching out to Acumbamail Support for possible help with their Zap app integration and troubleshooting the error.