Question

Acuity code not generating code and emailing to customer

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve started a zap, but am running into problems.  It starts like this:

• TRIGGER: Product Purchase (ThriveCart) - triggers when a specific product is purchased. 
  • ACTION: Add Coupon Code (Acuity Scheduling) - generates a new coupon code.

I want the newly generated code in acuity to be sent in an email to the customer.  Can this be done through Convertkit?  If so, how do I do that?  I can’t get the code to generate in the email. 

If I can’t do it in Convertkit, how do I do it through my Outlook? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @nottechy,

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried adding a “Send Email” action in your Zap and mapping the generated code from the “Add Coupon Code” to the “Body” field of the email step?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

I’ve tried send email, but it’s probably more than just adding an action right?  I want the email to look like it’s coming from me.

I don’t know how to find the generated code from the “Add Coupon Code” to the “Body” field of the email step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @nottechy,

The “Send Email” action of Gmail has the “From” and “From Name” fields that you can use to insert your email and name so the sent email comes from you. Like so:

14b510ced0b117b282f5b9f74d0ab40e.png
(view larger)

Additionally, you add the generated code from the “Add Coupon Code” step to the “Body” field of the email step by mapping the field from the previous step. Here’s an example:

013fbf34d725c132cf029149afcb8b7a.png
(view larger)

More about mapping fields here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields

Hopefully, this helps!