Best answer

ActiveCampaign errors: "No Result found for Subscriber with id 0 (404)" and "Contact id or email is required (422)

• 23 May 2023
  • 1 reply

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi there. I have created a Asana-ActiveCampaign Zap where if I create a a task in a particular project in Asana, it automatically creates a contact in AC with the information in the task. The problem is Zapier is trying to send the zap to AC without me being able to fill out all the fields in Asana in time so it keeps returning a 404 or 422 error. Is there a way of delaying a zap? Please see screenshots which also include an example task in asana

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 May 2023, 12:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kvnz, welcome to the community!

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with your Asana to Active Campaign Zap. There is a way to delay Zaps once they have started (using Delay by Zapier), but as it’s a Zap action, it will delay the Zap after the trigger receives the information from Asana. The Zap will pause and then continue with the information it had to begin with, it won't go back and check the Asana task to see if more information has been added. 

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you’re running into a bug where the information from an Asana task is sometimes sent before all of the fields are complete. I’ll come back to this at the end of my reply.

First, there are a couple of things that you can try to work around this limitation

Fill all details before adding the task to Asana

We’ve looked into this and it appears that if you create the task outside of a project, complete all of the fields, and then move the task into the project the Zap should trigger with all of the task information. Essentially, the event that triggers the Zap is a new task in the project, so when a task is created in the task and then the fields are filled in, the trigger for the Zap is overeager and goes as soon as the task appears in the project. 

Change the Zap so it re-checks the fields in Asana

Another option is to add an additional step in your Zap to go back and check the task for additional information. Your Zap would look like this:

1. Trigger - New task in project
  2. Delay by Zapier (delay the Zap for however long you need to fill in all the details eg 5 mins)
  3. Find Task by ID - use the task ID from the trigger to find the task
  4. Active Campaign - Create contact (use the information from the Find task step

Obviously, neither of these options are perfect, and ideally, we want to have the Asana trigger work the way you would expect without needing the workarounds. As I said, it sounds like this is a specific bug, but I can’t tell without certain information that I don’t have access to. I encourage you to contact the Zapier Support Team (using the Get Help form) so they can look into this and confirm that you are running into this bug. If you are, they can add you to the list of affected users for the bug, which helps us to prioritize fixes and means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

​I hope that's all clear, please let us know if you have any questions!