Skip to main content

Hello, 

I am trying to set up a zap where the trigger is if a tag is added to a contact in Active Campaign. When I test the Zap it works well, but when once I turn it on, it won’t stay on and this is the error I’m receiving. I don’t believe it’s a webhook I’m trying to create?

The full Zap is to set a trigger when a tag is created on a contact and then I linked it to Zoom for that contact to receive a Zoom webinar registration email. Please advise, thank you!

Hi @csc 

TIP: Make sure to give your Zap a name instead of “Untitled Zap”

Help links for using AC in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/activecampaign/help

For us to have more info, share these:

• which Zapier plan you have
  • screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello! @Troy Tessalone 

I’ve included screenshots below and I’ve added a title. I am on the free plan!

@csc 

Did you review the help links for using AC in Zaps to make sure you meet all the requirements?

Help links for using AC in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/activecampaign/help

hi @Troy Tessalone yes! and I have used this exact Zap many times before. 

Are you able to explain what the error means?

@csc 

Error: You do not have permission to create webhooks.

This is related to Contacts since the Zap trigger event is: AC - Tag Added or Removed from Contact

Explanation of the Error:

In ActiveCampaign, webhooks are a way to send real-time data from ActiveCampaign to other applications when specific events (like adding or removing a tag) occur.
The error message indicates that your account does not have the necessary permissions to create or use webhooks in this instance.

This could be due to several reasons:
1. **Account Permissions:** You may not have sufficient user privileges. If you are not an admin or do not have permission to manage webhooks, this error will occur.
2. **Plan Restrictions:** Certain ActiveCampaign plans (especially the lower-tier ones) may not include webhook functionality. You may need to upgrade to a plan that supports webhooks.
3. **API Access Settings:** Your API key or integration settings may not have the proper access rights to create webhooks. Check your account settings or contact the administrator for API permissions.

To resolve this issue:
- Ensure you have the correct permission level (admin or manager).
- Check if your current ActiveCampaign plan supports webhooks.
- Contact ActiveCampaign support if you're unsure about your permissions or plan details.