Skip to main content

Hello Zapier community! 👋

I would like to do a zap between Jotform and Trello.

While selecting my event and choosing “Jotform” I get this message:
“This account connection is expired. You'll need to reconnect the account before continuing. Learn more

Okay. I try to reconnect and get a selection to choose between :

1. Account HIPAA Compliant? → Yes / No
  2. Do You Use European Datacenters? → Yes / No

HIPAA Compliant: Capture meaningful health data with Jotform → not relevant for me → I select no.

European Datacenters: I’m in Europe, but in my Jotform account I use an American server, apparently. If I want to change, I need to upgrade, but I don’t need this option → I select no.

I confirm and click on allow to authorize Zapier to my Jotform. Nothing happens. The message still remains: “This account connection is expired. You'll need to reconnect”.

What can I do? Please help. 🙏

The Jotform support could not help me. They replied:
“… If you select No, integration with Zapier is still possible, but it will not meet HIPAA regulations requirements for handling protected health information (PHI). Choosing No to European Datacenters means your data will be stored in Jotform’s global data centers. While this doesn’t affect the functionality of the Zapier integration, it may have implications for data privacy, depending on your location...”

→ I’m fine with both options to be selected “no” and the Jotform support says the Zap will still work. Why doesn’t it work?

Thank you! 

Hi @OliverLorenz 

Help links for using Jotform in Zaps:

https://zapier.com/apps/jotform/help

Hi @OliverLorenz, welcome to the Community! 🎉

I can see you also reached out to our Support team and they believe the “This account connection is expired. You'll need to reconnect” error you’re seeing could be related to an issue with the permissions for your Jotform account.

Not sure if you’ve seen their reply yet but thought I’d share the details from it here in case it’s helpful to you and anyone else in the Community that is running into the same issue:

“From your video, I noticed that you followed the correct steps to reconnect your Jotform account. So, it's a bit strange that the connection is still not working. This leads me to suspect that the issue might be related to your account permissions.

Jotform has different types of accounts - main and sub accounts. Sub-user accounts can sometimes run into permissions errors when fetching data. So, to help sort this out, could you please confirm if the connected Jotform account is a main account or a sub account?”

That said, if you’re not using a sub-user account then it might be worth trying the steps mentioned by JotForm Support in this thread on their support community here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/5006513-zapier-jotform-this-account-is-expired-please-reconnect-it-here

Keen to ensure this gets sorted so please do let us know how you get on with this! 🙂