Skip to main content
Question

ABC GymSales error: The app returned "email: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phonemobile

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a zap from Facebook Messenger to Gymsales, Messenger has been tested and appears to be good. Gymsales however, I’m getting an error message when creating a person. The Gymsales step is requiring input for email, phone, etc but Messenger doesn’t actually collect that information. Has anyone created zaps for Messenger and have found a way around this?

Failed to create a person in ABC GymSales

The app returned "email: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phone_mobile: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phone_work: Please enter at least one form of contact information, ph...". email: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phone_mobile: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phone_work: Please enter at least one form of contact information, phone_home: Please enter at least one form of contact information, address: Please enter at least one form of contact information, city: , state: , zip:

show more

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @glorie2557 

Good question.

FB Messenger help: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-messenger/help

I didn’t receive any information about the message sender

Facebook users have to opt-in to sharing their profile information, so it is only available some of the time. This is something that’s set on Facebook, your Zap can only get the information that’s available.

Here are some of the ways that users may opt in to sharing their information:

• The person starts the conversation via a welcome screen and tapped the “Get Started” button.
  • The person starts the conversation by clicking a “Send to Messenger” button.
  • The person starts the conversation by sending a message.
  • The person starts the conversation by accepting a Page’s message request.
  • Your Messenger bot uses the askPermission() function of the Messenger Extensions SDK in the webview to ask for the user_profile permission.

Some cases where a user may not grant permission are:

You can find full details on Facebook’s Developer page.