Question

A False payment failure and forced upgrade from legacy plan

• 9 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve been a zapier TEAMS plan user since the plan was invented. Many years.

In December, Zapier charged me $3351 to renew my teams plan that I have been paying $1375 for every year, on auto-renew.

When I look at my invoices, I find a “failed payment” for the teams plan of $1375 and immediately after on the same day, at the same time with the same card on file, a successful charge of $3351. Clearly this failure to process had nothing to do with me, and I didn’t authorize any upgrade to my plan. 

I was also promised the team pricing forever as long as my account was active. I am hoping this was a fluke and that there wasn’t something engineered to cause this to happen “accidentally” in an attempt to take the legacy plan away from us and blame us for the mistake. Zapier has always been more honorable than that in the past, so I’m going to assume they’ll fix it unless I hear other words.

Has anyone else had this pretty fishy thing happen to them?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @chrspurser,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Regarding your question, I’d recommend reaching out to our Billing & Accounts team to properly assist your concern.

You can reach our Billing & Accounts team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

395b95c085344c3e047aa9c9f54490e5.png
(view larger)

Thank you!