A business validation error - Select an account for this transaction. But this is not a field I actually see in Quickbooks

• 24 February 2023
  • 0 replies

While connecting my zap for quickbooks online to create purchase orders based on a form filled in on my website, it has a whole section of fields that I never see what I manually create a PO in Quickbooks. 

One of these fields is the account field.  Even If I select one of the options zapier found from quickbooks, it still gives me the error when I test my zap.   I would assume quickbooks would be confused why the zap is sending data that it doesnt usually ask for but why would zapier think its needed? 

If a select an options from the account field I get this error

Failed to create a purchase order in QuickBooks Online A business validation error has occurred while processing your request: Business Validation Error: Select an account for this transaction. 

If I leave this field blank I get this error

Failed to create a purchase order in QuickBooks Online

Required param missing, need to supply the required value for the API: Required parameter Line.AccountBasedExpenseLineDetail.AccountRef is missing in the request, Quickbooks Field: Line.AccountBasedExpenseLineDetail.AccountRef

0 replies

Be the first to reply!