Best answer

504 Gateway Time-out in Zapier with Zoho CRM

• 28 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello, 

I wanted to test a Zap, that is updating an existing record in Zoho CRM. When I try to test the action in this step I got an error “504 Gateway Time-out”.

I already turned the Zap off and on, but the problem persists. I also checked all of the data that is being updated. 

So is this a problem with the Zoho server? I tried to find a status page on the Zoho CRM website, but couldn’t find any. 

Is there another way to solve this problem? 

Thanks for help, 
Michael

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 August 2023, 16:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @michael291,

When Zapier sends a request, it waits for about 30 seconds for a response. If the app we're trying to connect with takes longer, we refer to it as a "timeout". It's a bit like calling a friend and not getting a response - we're left unsure if our message got through.

This is technically considered an error, but don't worry, it's not uncommon. It can happen when a server is super busy, the data we're trying to pass is a bit too large, or due to a variety of other reasons.

Since this occurs on the other app's side, we can't pinpoint the exact issue, but the silver lining is that these hiccups are usually temporary and things get back to normal pretty quickly.

For more information and some potential solutions, feel free to visit this link: https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/errors/fix-timeout-errors-in-zaps

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @ken.a , thanks a lot. 

I have already re-connected the Zoho CRM account. 

I guess I will have to contact the support team of Zoho. 

Thanks, Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michael291 

Good question.

Zoho Status page: https://status.zoho.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks @Troy Tessalone …seems to be okay, but the problem still persists :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @michael291! 👋

I just came across your post here and found we’ve got a bug report open for the increases in timeout errors we’re seeing with the Zoho CRM app. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we can notify you by email the minute it gets resolved.

I can’t give any sort of ETA on when you can expect a fix here, but we’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds we come across here in the meantime. The good news is that is seems to be happening intermittently, and when errored runs of the Zap are replayed later on they’ve been going through successfully. So hopefully that’ll help in the meantime! 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Thanks @SamB