Best answer

401 authentication failed error when connecting to Revue

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

115 replies

Hi @christina.d, I’m unfortunately having the same issue. Can you add me to the list of affected users when able? 

Thank you!

-John

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Nick Payton and @John C.! I’m so sorry you’re also running into this issue.

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users. I don’t have an estimate as to when this will be resolved but we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as we hear back from the Revue app’s developers that this has been fixed. Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime. Hopefully this will be resolved soon! :fingers_crossed:  

Also getting 401 Error when attempting to connect Revue. This is happening in both Brave and Chrome (incognito + normal) browsers.  Unable to connect my Revue account to Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for reaching out, @NYS! I’ve got you added to the list of impacted users. Once there’s a fix in place we’ll be sure to email you!

Same issue. Please add me to the list. It’s on Revue’s side huh? Worth noting, if it helps, that the login to revue is via Twitter authentication. That might be part of the issue.

Hey @jousefmrd and @Peter M, welcome to the Community! :)

@jousefmrd, it appears our Support team identified that you’re being affected by a bug with the Revue integration and added you to the list of affected users.

@Peter M, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that bug report as well. 

I don’t have an estimate as to when the issue will be resolved but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is!

I am also getting this error, what is the current time line for a proposed fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @swombat_ and @Chart Champions! I’ve got you both added as impacted users.

While I don’t have an estimate to provide at the moment, we’ll be sure to email as soon as a fix is in place. In the interest of transparency, this particular integration is managed by Revue so it might be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they have any insight!

A fellow community member reached out a few weeks ago and had some luck with the solution I’ll drop below. 

We were getting the same error and reached out to Revue.

This was their reply to me

“Thanks for reaching out to us! I see you have two issues that I am happy to assist you with today. Let's address first the issue pertaining to the API. Account verification is now required to add an API to your account. You can upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. Once approved, you'll receive API access. I've linked an article below that provides additional details on how to import a subscriber list.

http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter…

The approval process took like 36 hours for me, but everything is now functioning as intended

@Troy Tessalone!

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Seems to have been a while since this started. Any updates?

Thanks @swombat_ and @Chart Champions! I’ve got you both added as impacted users.

While I don’t have an estimate to provide at the moment, we’ll be sure to email as soon as a fix is in place. In the interest of transparency, this particular integration is managed by Revue so it might be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they have any insight!

A fellow community member reached out a few weeks ago and had some luck with the solution I’ll drop below. 

We were getting the same error and reached out to Revue.

This was their reply to me

“Thanks for reaching out to us! I see you have two issues that I am happy to assist you with today. Let's address first the issue pertaining to the API. Account verification is now required to add an API to your account. You can upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. Once approved, you'll receive API access. I've linked an article below that provides additional details on how to import a subscriber list.

http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter…

The approval process took like 36 hours for me, but everything is now functioning as intended

Thanks Christina.

The link is about importing subscribers into Revue… do you have a link to this mysterious “account verification to add an API” process? Happy to do what’s needed to “receive API access” but I don’t see where I can do that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Saint and @swombat_:relaxed:

@Saint, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We don’t have any updates to share at the minute. But we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as the app’s developers have implemented a fix for this.

@swombat_, we don’t have a link to carry out the account verification unfortunately. I’d recommend reaching out to Revue’s Support team for more details on how get the account verification sorted on their end. 

Hey there, @Saint and @swombat_:relaxed:

@Saint, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We don’t have any updates to share at the minute. But we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as the app’s developers have implemented a fix for this.

@swombat_, we don’t have a link to carry out the account verification unfortunately. I’d recommend reaching out to Revue’s Support team for more details on how get the account verification sorted on their end. 

Hi there, I am having the same issue trying to connect Zapier to Oncehub. Could I also be affected by this buy? @SamB 

Thanks,

L

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @lucie! Thanks for reaching out! This bug is specific to Revue but I can see you’ve opened a separate topic, which is perfect. 

Same for me as well. There is no popup to be found; only the one that asks for the API key; and then this 401 error. (Linking to Mailchimp)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @doekenorg. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in contact by email as soon as we’ve got any updates to share.

Hey @jousefmrd and @Peter M, welcome to the Community! :)

@jousefmrd, it appears our Support team identified that you’re being affected by a bug with the Revue integration and added you to the list of affected users.

@Peter M, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that bug report as well. 

I don’t have an estimate as to when the issue will be resolved but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is!

same issue here, please add me to list

Hi
Same for me. I got a 401 error when trying to connect Revue app.

Bummed to see that this has been an ongoing issue, I’m running into it too!

Please add me to the list of affected users. 

Just hit this issue and was appalled to see the # of people commenting here and that it’s been 2+ months and still no fix.

Is there ANY workaround for this or is Revue connection effectively broken until this is fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @SheenaLevi, @adrienla, @alexhillman, @aidan! Thanks so much for reaching out. I’ve got you all added to that report.

While I wish had better news, at the moment we don’t have an ETA. That said, we’ll be sure to update here and send an email as soon as the Revue app developers have implemented a fix for this!

Hello all, could you add me on the list of affected users please. thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @jimc! Happy to confirm that I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates on this! :slight_smile:  

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error when trying to connect to my Revue account?

Hi @SamB! I’m also affected by this issue. Can you please add me to the list too please. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @adminWOS! I’ve got you added and we’ll be in touch once there’s a fix. 🙂

Please add me to the list also. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Of course, @ElyesMaghrebi! You’ve been added to the list of affected users.