Best answer

401 authentication failed error when connecting to Revue

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

115 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @ruhaniw and @Africa! We’ve added you to the list of affected users.

No word on a fix for this at the minute but we’ll email you as soon as we’ve got any updates to share! :) 

This issue has been going on for over month and it is not fixed. What is going on. Can anyone update me on the status of this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @FrankieMaze! There’s no updates on when this will be resolved, unfortunately. We’ll be sure to email you as soon as we get word from the app’s developers that it’s been fixed. 

In the meantime, it seems that Revue’s Support team has advised that if you run into this error it may be that you’re still in “on boarding” and need to carry out the following:

“Submit your subscriber list to be verified only then can you use the Account API Key going forward. All users want to verify their list first then those integrations will be free to use. This is to help prevent spammer from abusing the system.”

I’m not sure how you would go about submitting a subscriber list to Revue. So I’d recommend contacting their Support team for further guidance on how to do that. Hopefully that will get rid of the error!

@christina.d I’m also affected by this - please add me to the list.

Hello, I’m also affected by that bug

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @Mat and @Bryanoxx! I’ve got you both added to the list of impacted users. We’ll be in touch via email once there’s a fix in place. In the meantime it might be worth giving the workaround Sam mentioned a try!

“Submit your subscriber list to be verified only then can you use the Account API Key going forward. All users want to verify their list first then those integrations will be free to use. This is to help prevent spammer from abusing the system.”

I’m not sure how you would go about submitting a subscriber list to Revue. So I’d recommend contacting their Support team for further guidance on how to do that. Hopefully that will get rid of the error!

Userlevel 1

We were getting the same error and reached out to Revue.

Tagging everyone I saw affected: @jousefmrd ColinBoyle@rayalez@Marco Besier@Ty S@nfte_co@peter123@shermix@imagepunk@Based Realist

This was their reply to me

“Thanks for reaching out to us! I see you have two issues that I am happy to assist you with today. Let's address first the issue pertaining to the API. Account verification is now required to add an API to your account. You can upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. Once approved, you'll receive API access. I've linked an article below that provides additional details on how to import a subscriber list.

http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter…

The approval process took like 36 hours for me, but everything is now functioning as intended

@HomesteadStudio - thanks for reaching out to them. Can you explain how you got your account verified by Revue? I’m confused how adding some subscribers to Revue would validate my account. Is that all you had to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @HomesteadStudio! That’s awesome, I’m glad you’re able to get things up and running. Thanks so much for circling back to share this! 

I tried the fix that @HomesteadStudio commented, however no luck. 

I added 2 users, received the API key and it still is showing this error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry to hear that fix didn’t work @Daniel Galea. I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch once this issue is resolved.

Please add me to the list of effected users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @Gary445, thanks for letting us know. I’ve got you added!

Also affected by this error: @studiomuscle

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that, @studiomuscle! I added you as an impacted user. We’ll send an email as soon as we have an update!

It seems like this issue might be still ongoing, as it looks like I’m having this issue.

I am afraid we are facing the same issue. It would be great if you could add us to the listed of impacted users. Thanks in advance.

Same here

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Ippollo, @Speedinvest and @apek! :)

I’m so sorry you’re all running into this issue as well. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates on this!   

@nicksimard @christina.d 

Hey guys, I’m having the same issue, could you add me to the list  of affected users please ?

Thanks

Hi. Running into this issue as well. Can you add me to the list please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @benzaf87 and @CCQ

I’ve added you both to the list of affects users. We’ll be sure to email you as soon as it’s been resolved.

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error when trying to connect to my Revue account?

I have the same problem, any idea when will this work again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, @Fanego! Thanks for letting us know. I’ve got you added to that report! While we don’t have an ETA to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to send an email as soon as we know more. 

I’m having the same issue. 401 error when trying to connect Revue to Zapier. This issue seems to have been persisting for over a month. Can you add me to the list of affected users and talk to leadership about expediting fixing this?