Best answer

2 zaps interfering with each other

• 4 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have 2 zaps :

• The first one sends data from LinkedIn to Livestorm to HubSpot (form on LinkedIn)
  • The second one send data from Livestorm to HubSpot (form on our website)

Currently, when someone submits a form on LinkedIn, both zaps are triggered which I don’t want (I receive data on HubSpot saying that the person submitted a form on LinkedIn and on our website). On the other hand, when someone submits a form on our website, it is fine, we only receive data saying that the person submitted one form on our website.

How can I tell Zapier to differenciate both zaps? Let me explain: if someone submits a form on LinkedIn (1st zap) the data we collect on Hubspot should be only “submission from LinkedIn”.

Thank you in advance,

Melina

icon

Best answer by Danvers 4 May 2023, 15:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @melina!

It sounds like you need something in the Livestorm > Hubspot Zap that says ‘if this information came from Linkedin, stop the Zap’. 

You can add a Filter to your Zap that will stop the Zap from continuing based on the information from the Livestorm trigger. This help guide explains more about how filters work: Add conditions to Zaps with Filters.

The key thing you need is something that’s sent to Livestorm when the submission originally came from LinkedIn. For example, is there a ‘source’ field you could use? You need something that the filter can look for to determine where the lead originally came from. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @melina!

It sounds like you need something in the Livestorm > Hubspot Zap that says ‘if this information came from Linkedin, stop the Zap’. 

You can add a Filter to your Zap that will stop the Zap from continuing based on the information from the Livestorm trigger. This help guide explains more about how filters work: Add conditions to Zaps with Filters.

The key thing you need is something that’s sent to Livestorm when the submission originally came from LinkedIn. For example, is there a ‘source’ field you could use? You need something that the filter can look for to determine where the lead originally came from. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Danvers,

Thank you so much for your help, it definitely helped! I fixed the issue thanks to a filter :)

When two zaps interfere with each other, the resulting effect depends on a number of factors, such as the frequency and amplitude of the zaps, their relative phase and polarization, and the media through which they are propagating. In general, when two zaps with the same frequency and polarization meet each other, they can either reinforce each other or cancel each other out, depending on whether they are in phase or out of phase. When two zaps are in phase, meaning that their peaks and troughs align with each other, they can combine to create a larger, more powerful zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @melina,

Awesome! We’re glad to hear that everything is now sorted.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

still pending my comments