Question

Stripe new payment or customer to Hubspot workflow

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I used the template in Zapier, where I am taking a new customer or payment (I’ve tried it both ways) from Stripe and trying to add them to a Hubspot workflow. When I test it from the Hubspot portion of the Zap set up, it asks for a contact (it’s required) so I pull in one of the existing emails from the Stripe dropdown and the data does come over to Hubspot. However, when I add a new customer to Stripe, they are not coming over automatically, I have to go into Zap and add them?  How do I get Zap to recognize all of the future emails that come into Stripe and move them to the Hubspot workflow?  they are not making it over, only the original one that I tested in Zap before I published the Zap??

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Christine2083 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

see above please, in the second step of the zap, it’s asking for an email and I am forced to enter one that is already in Stripe, so yes that contact is being entered into the hubspot workflow, but how do i get zapier to find the contacts that come in after...thank  you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Christine2083 

You have a dynamic variable mapped for the Contact Email field.

That means each time the Zap Runs the “Email” variable value will change dynamically.

When your Zap is ON and there are live Zap Runs, you can check your Zap Runs history to see the details of the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

NOTE: If you get an error from the HubSpot step when testing live, you may have to first add a step to create/update the Contact in HubSpot before trying to add the Contact to a HubSpot Workflow.