[Guide] How to Create Looping Zap Steps with GSheets and Webhooks
- Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
- Used to trigger this looping Zap
- Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
- Used to find an existing row for a preset value (e.g. DONE = No)
- Action: Filter
- Used to check if a GSheets row was found
- Action: [app] - [event]
- (optional) Used to take action in another app
- Can add additional action steps as needed
- Action: GSheets - Update Row
- Map the Row ID number from step 2
- Used to updated the GSheets row found in step 2 (e.g. DONE = Yes)
- Action: Webhook - POST
- Used to trigger the Zap again
- POST to the webhook URL from the Zap trigger in step 1
- Include a Timestamp as a parameter to make the request unique
Tips and Inspiration contributed by: Troy Tessalone - Automation Ace
thx for the guide.
I don’t understand how to preset a value in Step 2. I can only chose values from previouse actions/triggers. In this case that would be the Webhook trigger with no Data available.
Whatever app is triggering the Zap step 1 webhook, would need to provide the values as part of the data payload, which can then be used in the Zap filter step.