Build Zaps using our new Visual Editor (BETA)

Categories: Beta Release Product Updates Announcements
Build Zaps using our new Visual Editor (BETA)

The Visual Editor makes building Zaps more intuitive than ever. It enables you to better visualize your Zaps, collaborate with your team, and build powerful, complex automations to power your business.

Overview

• Maximize Automation Potential: The new visual experience allows you to more effectively see where you can enhance your current automations to create even more efficient and tailored automations to power your business.
  • Empower Non-technical Users: The Visual Editor's user-friendly design makes it accessible to users of all abilities, empowering everyone on your team to contribute to and benefit from building automation.
  • Better Team Alignment: The enhanced collaboration and communication features of the Visual Editor help your team stay on the same page, ensuring that everyone understands the purpose and structure of your automations and can work together seamlessly.
  • Faster Problem Solving: With the Visual Editor's intuitive design, you can quickly grasp the structure and flow of your Zaps, allowing you to identify and address any issues or roadblocks in your automations more efficiently.

Possible Use Cases

• Mapping out complex automations: As you’re building complex automations the visual editor makes it easy to map out the flow of information. When your automation splits into different paths, you’ll will be able to see and track the automation’s flow in a way that’s easy to comprehend.
  • Need to explain/collaborate with a team member: With the new design users will be able to enter into a Zap and quickly understand the Zap. Also, with the ability to document steps, you can share your Zaps with other team members with detailed notes so it’s easy to for them to get up to speed on what you’re building.

How It Works

Here’s a screenshot showing what the Visual Editor looks like.

What Do You Think?

Are you excited to have this new visual view to work with? Are you happy with the existing (classic) view? Any suggestions on how we can improve this new feature?

I would still love to see that you could showcase the zap in a Lucidchart type view. Would be easier for clients to understand what happens when and why. Currently I will create them a Lucidchart manually if they want to see the process flow.

Hey therem, @Santeri! That’s great feedback and we appreciate you sharing - we’ll be sure to pass it along. 😊

Really cool to hear how you’re currently handling visual representations of processes! 🧠

How do I get access to the visual editor?

Hi @AdamZap! 👋

To get access to use the Visual Editor you’ll need to sign up to Join the beta here

And you can find out more about using the Visual Editor here: Use the Visual Editor to view all Zap steps in a single view 

Hope that helps! 🙂

I see the VE is now generally available, but new zaps are still defaulting to the linear view. Any suggestions on what to try? I have logged out and back in, cleared cache, and updated my browser. 

Thanks for reaching out here @tori.phillips. You’re correct, the Visual Editor is now available for all! 😁🎉

I’ve been trying to replicate this issue in my own Zapier account but the Visual Editor is correctly being displayed for every Zap. Are you still experiencing this issue or did it since resolve itself? Just wondering if perhaps it was a temporary glitch or caching issue that occurred while the new Visual Editor was being rolled out. Do you think that could be the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I like the new visual editor, but please please do not retire the classic view. It’s still useful as an alternative for zaps with large branching paths. Classic keeps them condensed while the visual editor opens and shows all of the paths. Both are great, please don’t get rid of classic.

Hey there, @Brian Ward! 👋

Glad to hear you’re liking the new Visual Editor! Definitely agree that both versions could be useful to have. I can’t make any promises around whether an option to switch back to the classic editor would be added but I have passed your comments here over to the Product team to review. You’re not the first to ask about this, the team are aware of the interest in having a way to still access the “Classic” version and it will definitely be given all due consideration. And if we have any news on that we’ll be sure to share it here in the Community! 🙂