Best answer

Zoom webinar registration with dynamic meeting ID

• 3 December 2021
  • 5 replies

As far as I can tell, it’s been over a year since the last update about the difficulty in creating new webinar registrants in Zoom using a dynamic meeting ID. 

Any timeline for when this will be fixed? This is really a very basic feature to not have working properly! 

Ed

icon

Best answer by christina.d 21 September 2022, 03:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @edweiss 

Have you tested this Zap setup to see if the issue still exists with Zoom and dynamic IDs?

@Troy Tessalone Yes, that’s why I’m posting about it! :)  Zaps with dynamic meeting IDs still won’t pull up required fields from the Zoom registration options, and don’t reliably work even if no additional fields are required.

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@edweiss

Best would be to open a ticket with Zapier Support to inquire further about the status of this limitation: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

The problem for some apps with some dynamically mapped variables is that the underlying APIs don’t know what fields to return, hence the issue/error.

Check out this related article for GSheets that explains better:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @edweiss, thanks for reaching out about this! :)

I’ve checked on the bug report that was being discussed in that related topic you referenced and it’s indeed still open. It looks as though you reached out to our Support team about this and they’ve suggested a workaround. You’ve been added to that bug report so we’ll be in touch as soon as it’s resolved. In the meantime, hopefully the workaround our Support team suggested allowed you to get your Zap working?

In case anyone else is running into the same issue here’s the workaround that Support suggested:

“As a first step in troubleshooting this, could you please try selecting the webinar from the dropdown menu in the "Upcoming Webinar" field, mapping the "Last Name" field that appears, and then reverting the "Upcoming Webinar" field back to being dynamically mapped with the webinar IDs that are output from the Looping by Zapier step?”

So it’s a similar process to the one mentioned in the article Troy linked to. You’d select the webinar from the dropdown, map any necessary fields and then switch back to using that dynamic webinar ID. You’ll likely see “Extra Fields” appearing at the bottom of the Zoom step with a button to remove them - you can just ignore that and click the Continue button. Then run a test to see whether the registration is able to go through.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I wanted to pop in and let ya’ll know this bug has officially been closed! 🎉

My teammate @nicksimard being the wizard ✨ he is even put together an article on mapping fields to dynamic dropdown fields. Check it out here:

Thanks for being so patient while the team dug into this!