Best answer

Zoom webinar registrants "custom question" don't seems to be recognize by Zapier/Mailchimp

• 4 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

My problem : When I organize a webinar in Zoom, I ask 3 standards question (email, first name, last name) and 1 custom question. The custom question answer can be “Yes” or “No”

When the registrant is in zoom, I use the zap “Add Zoom webinar registrants to Mailchimp as subscribers”. My zap works and transferred first name, Last names and email to mailchimp.

However , I want that when my registrant in Zoom answer my custom question with “yes” this will put him in “Group A” in Mailchimp. When he answers “No”, he will be put in “Groupe B”.

Is this possible to have such conditional add? Actually, I just find options to add the registrant in a specific Mailchimp Group based on the webinar but I can’t choose the group based on my Custom Question.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 April 2020, 12:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @JP_999 - Thank you for your question. Have you checked out Zapier Paths yet? I think this conditional workflow would be helpful for your needs. Give it a shot and let us know if you need any further recommendations. 

Userlevel 1

Hi!

Is sounds what I’m looking for; however, it seems only in the professional plan, and not even in the starter plan. I take note of that and will see if I do the jump.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JP_999 If you only have a couple of conditions, then you can create the same kind of logic using more than one Zap and adding a filter step. 

Here’s a help guide that explains how that works! https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-branching-logic-to-zaps-with-filters

You’d need a Zap for each condition (each answer to the question) so this solution works best if a) you don’t already have a plan with Paths and b) you don’t have too many different conditions. I hope that helps!