Best answer

Zoom recording trigger for all users recordings under Account Management

• 7 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The above post says:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

So I’m making a new post to ask Zoom support:

1. To add my vote to this feature request, and;
  2. For an ETA on this feature since it has been 3 months since it was last updated

The issue, as far as I understand, is the permissions that the Zoom app asks for and then I suppose some development work for Zapier to parse the extra information:

Does anyone know of a workaround for now while we wait for Zapier to update their Zoom integration?

Can the same be achieved with webhooks or custom code somehow? Or is there another third party service that already has this integration we can use?

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 February 2022, 12:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ydrapa 

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, but Zapier keeps an internal list of app requests.

Unsure whether Zoom or Zapier owns the Zoom Zap app integration.

FYI: Zapier does not provide ETA or timelines for feature requests or fixes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ydrapa, thanks for reaching out about this!

I’ve done some checking and it looks as though this feature request is still open. I’ve added your vote for it so we’ll get in touch with you by email as soon as it’s possible to trigger for all recordings under a connected Admin/Parent/Master Zoom account. 

I’m not seeing any workarounds documented for this, but it may be possible to connect to Zoom’s API using a Webhook by Zapier step. To do that you’d likely need to reference the following guides:

That said, a simpler solution may be to trigger from the email notifications you receive when a new recording has been added to Zoom. Presumably, those email notifications contain a link to the Zoom recording that you can then use in subsequent steps of your Zap? If so, you could use a trigger like the Gmail New Email Matching Search trigger to only trigger for emails that have a particular subject line for example. 

Hope that helps! :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB ,

Thanks for the ideas. For anyone else interested in this feature while Zapier works on making it available as part of the standard Zoom integration, you can create your own fully functional workaround using webhooks like this:

In Zapier

1. Create a new Zap
  2. In Choose app & event choose Webhooks by Zapier
  3. In Trigger Event choose Catch Hook
  4. Click Continue
  5. In Set up trigger you will see a Custom Webhook URL. Click Copy
  6. Click Continue
  7. Leave this page open, we will return to it below

In Zoom Marketplace

1. Sign in to https://marketplace.zoom.us/
  2. Click Develop > Build app
  3. In Choose your app type click Create under Webhook Only
  4. Enter a name for your app and click Create
  5. Enter a Company Name, Name and Email address. This app is for your own private use and will not be publicly accessible so you can enter anything in these fields.
  6. Click the Feature tab
  7. Toggle on Event subscriptions
  8. Click Add Event Subscription
  9. Enter a Subscription name. You can enter anything here, it’s for your own reference only.
  10. Enter the Zapier Custom Webhook URL in Event notification endpoint URL
  11. Click +Add Events
  12. Click Recordings
  13. Tick All recordings have completed
  14. Click Done
  15. Click Continue
  16. You should see Your app is activated on the account. If not, click to activate
  17. It should begin to work immediately for the current user, however, in my experience, it can take a few hours to propagate the webhook to all users to begin triggering for their events too

In Zoom

1. Start a new meeting with cloud recording turned on
  2. End the meeting
  3. Wait for the cloud recording to finish processing. You should receive an email from Zoom once it’s ready, this is the time the webhook should fire.

In Zoom Marketplace

1. To verify that the webhook did indeed fire click Call Logs > Webhook Logs > Then click the app name in the Zoom Marketplace here https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/logs
  2. You should see a log of the event that just fired. If you click the right arrow it will open the payload.
  3. If you see the log it means the webhook fired and should be available back in Zapier to catch.
  4. If you don’t see the log, try creating another recording to see if that works. In my experience, the webhook seemed to work immediately for the current user, however, it took a few hours to propagate to all users. I also noticed that if I changed any of the webhook settings it took time to propagate as well and would use the old settings until it had propagated.

Back in the Zapier Editor

1. Click Test Trigger
  2. You should see the result of the webhook that was caught which you can then use in further actions within the Zap
  3. If nothing is caught, try triggering another recording, make sure it shows in the Zoom Marketplace webhook logs and that the Zoom Event notification endpoint URL matches the Zapier Custom Webhook URL exactly

This set up will allow you to get recordings (or any other Zoom event that you add to the event subscriptions) for all users on your Zoom account.

The standard Zapier Zoom integration will only send events for the one user you link, not all users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wow, this is fantastic @ydrapa! Thanks so much for sharing your workaround with the Community here! :relaxed: