Question

Zoom Meeting ID versus Zoom Recording ID

• 17 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello. I use Zapier with both Acuity Scheduling and Calendly.  When a new appointment is created I get a Zoom link and Meeting ID, which is great.

When I record those appointments in Zoom I then use Zapier again. My problem is there is no field that is the same between the created session and the recordings. What I mean is this, is there a way to correlate the Zoom Meeting ID for the created appointment with the UUID in the Zoom recording? I would like to match these up.

The following conversation does not apply or work since my meetings where created by a third party but recorded by me. Meaning, there is no matching API fields of any kind between the two sperate Zoom triggers.

Matching Zoom recording with Airtable record | Zapier Community

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @n8atkinson!

When you say that the meetings were created by a third party, do you mean by Acuity or Calendly in a Zap? If so, you could use Storage by Zapier to store the meeting ID and use a step that will search for it when your Zoom new recording step is triggered. 

I’m not sure if that definitely solves things here because I’m not 100% sure of the full context. If you have any questions or need some more ideas, could you please describe each Zap/how the meetings are created in more detail? That will help us to better understand how we might be able to link the meeting with the recording. Thanks!