Best answer

Zoom Create Meeting action - extract meeting password field

• 24 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone. 

Right now, my flow is like this: 

1. User submits request to Google Form 
  2. Zap 1: Every time there is a new row in the google Form, Zap creates a New Zoom Meeting. 
  3. Zap 2: Every time New Zoom Meeting is created, email is sent to requester (pulling from linked Form in Zap 1) with the meeting link (pull-able) and ID (pull-able). The problem is, the automatically generated password is not pull-able from the list. 
  4. The email reads like this:

Hi there! Thank you for requesting use of the  Zoom account. 

Your meeting details are as follows: 

Meeting Name: ABCDE 

Date & Time: 26/06/2021 16:00:00 

Meeting URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/xxxxxx?pwd=27493897423894

Meeting ID: 8xxxxxxx298

The issue I would like solved is to be able to pull the automatically generated password to be sent in the email. Or alternatively, just “Copy Meeting Invitation” with the full thing. 

Please help, thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 June 2021, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mysirom 

By default, the password is appended to the end of the Meeting link.

NOTE: You shouldn’t need to send them the password as long as the recipient has the meeting link.

Thanks for responding so quickly @Troy Tessalone ! Yes, I’ve explained this to the users - however, they are, and I say this lovingly, older generations not so tech savvy, and any kind of change is …. met with extreme suspicion (automating this and getting them to use Google Forms was a challenge in and itself). Plus they seem to be able to get into all sorts of hijinks you wouldn’t expect - I figure if the ID and Password is shown in addition to the meeting link with the embed password, it covers all bases.    

I assume the integration I am asking for is not something currently supported by Zapier? Just want to check. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mysirom 

You can add a Formatter > Text > Split step to the Zap to extract the password from the Meeting link.

A good idea, thank you you @Troy Tessalone !