Question

Zoho Subscriptions to QBO - Invalid Reference ID

• 14 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I updated my Sales Receipt Zap to QBO and for the life of me I cannot find why I am getting the following error. I have attached the screen shots of the test. The data all seems to be populating correctly, but it doesn’t make it to QBO. When it does run… the data is incomplete. 

Setup
Test Error

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Based on the provided screenshots, it appears one of these 2 fields (Customer or Find Customer By Name/Email) are the root of the issue.

The “Find Customer by Name/Email” probably should be a dynamic value, rather than a static/hardcoded value.

Seems like the Zap is not finding a Customer, hence the error.

Here’s a help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-quickbooks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Tony,

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately, that is not the issue. I have used that for some time now. With this ZAP, I am actually pushing all Sales Receipts to QBO for our Accountant to manage. So, they go into a bucket called WebStore. 

Thanks, Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you know the customer, then I suggest selecting the customer “WebStore” in the dropdown for the Customer field, AND removing the hardcoded of “WebStore” from the “Find Customer By Name/Email” field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also be sure to check that for any of the dynamic data points you’ve mapped that the if those are QBO dropdowns that the values being piped thru match to the valid values QBO expects.

Often in dropdown fields, the friendly value (e.g. Customer Name) and the value the system expects (e.g. Customer ID) are different.

Check the Customer dropdown for examples.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Digital 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?