Question

How do I create a staff note in Zendesk when replying to a Slack message?

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  1. How can I make a side conversation from Zendesk to Slack via Zapier (I can’t connect Slack to Zendesk directly due to permissions)

1. I have a Zap to post in a slack channel when a Medium/High Priority ticket is created, how can I amend this so I can reply in the Zendesk thread and it adds a staff note onto the ticket?

Many thanks,

Keelan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Keelan. Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Hmm, are you able to clarify what you mean by side conversation?

For the adding notes to Zendesk workflow you may need to create a separate zap for it. However there isn’t currently a trigger for threaded replies. That said, I wonder if there is a workaround 🤔. For example, once you reply in the thread you could mark the reply with a specific emoji (ex:✅) Then you could use the “New Reaction Added” trigger and a similar setup that’s referenced here:

So it might look like:

1. New Reaction Added
  2. Find Message (this is to find the contents of the original post)
  1. Find Ticket in Zendesk
  2. Add Comment to Ticket

Do you think that could work? Keep us posted! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d,

Thank you for looking into this. 

In Zendesk you can use Slack as a side conversation - https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408844202778-Using-Slack-in-side-conversations

I can’t connect Slack to Zendesk directly due to permissions, I was wondering if I could make a zap to link to a internal note in Zendesk to message a slack channel. Or if I can set up a Macro in Zendesk to use with Zapier. For example, A ticket comes in, I need to add a message to a internal slack channel , someone in the channel replies to the thread and the message is added back to Zendesk as a internal note.

I have tried to make this zap, from looking on other community posts the ticket needs to be TS I believe, but it seems to have a error when I save this 

Thank you for your help

Many thanks,
Keelan

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Keelan 

I read your post and what I understand is you want to put an internal comment/note in Zendesk to message in Slack. If that’s the case we may need to create a feature request.

Please keep us posted!