Question

Zaps working manually but not automatically

• 3 November 2021
  • 3 replies

The automatic trigger isn’t working but when I’m in Zapier and press run it works

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Karyn 

Please clarify what app and trigger event is being used in your Zap.

NOTE: Some Zap app triggers are instant (using webhooks) whereas other Zap app triggers are scheduled (using APIs) and those can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

Dropfunnels to Zapier to Trello  When I press run Zap it works.  When I try without manually doing it, it doesn’t.  What it looks like is that I don’t need to do anything other than connect it.  This being said, this is like reading a foreign language to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Karyn 

Looks like all the DropFunnels Zap triggers are scheduled: https://zapier.com/apps/dropfunnels/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Example:

Trigger types

There are two types of triggers:

1. Polling trigger: the majority of triggers are polling triggers. With a polling trigger, Zapier will check for new data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.
  2. Instant trigger: with an instant trigger, your trigger app will send Zapier an instant notification whenever there's new data. Zaps with instant triggers are labeled Instant on your dashboard and in the Zap editor.