Best answer

Zapier - Youtube to Discord Video Thumbnail Issue

Userlevel 2

Everytime I post new video it gives me notification but it is not fetching any thumbnail of video. any help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 9 September 2022, 23:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

Same issue for me, please add me to the list for updates, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Slegnor you have been added!

Hi! I´m having this exact same Issue, all my bot notifications doesn´t show youtube thumbnails

Everytime I post new video it gives me notification but it is not fetching any thumbnail of video. any help appreciated.

I am having this same issue… any ETA on a fix? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tasher and @Daax - I’ve added you both. Thanks!

My Discord is also being affected by this!

More specifically: This issue affects both YouTube thumbnails, and Instagram images posted to Discord for me. Sometimes it will show embedded images/videos, other times it will not. It will only show the link. This happens the majority of the time.

Userlevel 1

Me too, same issue. Please add me in as well for updates

Userlevel 1

Will this issue get fixed? It kind of destroys the purpose of the functionality since the thumbnail is one of the most important parts. Would be a shame.

I am having the same issue, please, add me to the list. Thanks

I’m having the same issue. Please add me as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ezpzone @Opytha @Topotu @rickthemelon @Exploring Life you all have been added to this request and will receive any updates via email!

I have been using Zapier to send Youtube videos to my Discord server and recently the zap is not including the thumbnail photo, only the link. I see this is known issue and would like to be added to thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ryguy!

Thanks for your message, I’ve added you to the affected users for this issue. 

If you spot anything like this in the future where there’s already a thread open about a known issue, would you please add a reply on the thread rather than creating a new one? It helps us to keep the Community tidy - thank you!

Please also add me to the list. 

I’ve experienced the same problem. 
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@luluke1287 you have been added!

Can u add me too im having the same issue, its really annoying that it does that, im hoping this gets fixed soon.

Userlevel 1

same issue here….actually what's the problem here?? ive seen you guys talking about the same problem for months now. Why isn't it has been resolved yet??why is taking months for this simple issue ?? i  think we are gonna need to move to other integration platforms as zapier clearly not doing anything to resolve such a major problem we are facing in the YouTube integration 

@Danvers 

I have the same issue, there is no thumbnails on my videos that are bing added, the only thumbnail that showed up was when I was setting up Zapier and there was a test to send ans check if that works on discord, after that no thumbnails at all, that is kind of weird, I hope you guys will be able to fix that issue! 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue, there is no thumbnails on my videos that are bing added, the only thumbnail that showed up was when I was setting up Zapier and there was a test to send ans check if that works on discord, after that no thumbnails at all, that is kind of weird, I hope you guys will be able to fix that issue! 

Unfortunately no. They are not going to do anything to mitigate this issue. This is an old issue. Even after this many complaints they haven't done anything. I'm moving to IFTTT. In fact I already did. It has got a better YouTube integration. You should check it out. Zapier is not going to fix it's issue. Move on. 

Unfortunately no. They are not going to do anything to mitigate this issue. This is an old issue. Even after this many complaints they haven't done anything. I'm moving to IFTTT. In fact I already did. It has got a better YouTube integration. You should check it out. Zapier is not going to fix it's issue. Move on. 

Ok i see, thanks! I will have a look at IFTTT myself! 

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.

It's been months now for what seems like a rather simple issue to deal with. What is the ETA on this fix? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @u&%8J3gA 

I don’t have an ETA on this fix, I’m sorry. There are a number of factors that can affect when an issue will be fixed, including the number of users who have reported the issue, the number of users who use the integration overall, as well as some internal factors. 

I understand that it’s frustrating in the meantime, I’m sorry that I don’t have a better answer for you. 

Userlevel 1

Hello!!

I have the same problem so can you please add me in the list so I know when the problem is solved??

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Marinos_bruh you have been added as well and will receive updates via email.