Best answer

Zapier + WooCommerce Subscriptions

• 7 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I want to set up two zaps which do the following:

• Zap #1: When a WooCommerce subscription payment cannot be processed a tag is added to a contact in ActiveCampaign.
  • Zap #2: When a WooCommerce Subscription is cancelled a tag is added to a contact in ActiveCampaign.

The “add a tag” portion of each zap was simple to set up. However, I’m unsure how to properly set up the “When a WooCommerce subscription X” part of each Zap.

For WooCommerce subscriptions I have 7 trigger options in Zapier:

1. Subscription Created
  2. Subscription Deleted
  3. Subscription Renewal Failed
  4. Subscription Renewed
  5. Subscription Status Changed
  6. Subscription Switched
  7. Subscription Updated

For Zap #1: The “subscription renewal failed” might be the right option. My question here is: does “subscription renewal failed” mean all retries have been exhausted and WooCommerce will no longer retry the payment? Or, does “subscription renewal failed” mean that the renewal order has failed, and WooCommerce is still following the retry rule to try and process the payment?

For Zap #2: None of the triggers specifically say “cancelled” but I believe that “Subscription Status Changed” might be heading in the right direction. However, it does not give me an option to be more specific. For example, if the status is changed to “cancelled” versus “on hold” versus any of the other potential statuses in WooCommerce. This leads me to believe that it doesn’t matter what status it is changed to: Any status change of any kind will act as the trigger for this Zap and I cannot be more specific. Is this correct?

If anyone knows how I would go about setting up these two Zaps, I would appreciate your help so much!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 October 2020, 21:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Keleigh!

Great questions! For the Subscription Renewal Failed trigger I’m honestly not 100% sure if that means that the initial renewal failed, versus all of the retries having been exhausted. I do suspect that it’s the first option, however. If you know how many time it will retry you could build that into your Zaps (by using Storage to increment a value) then use a filter to only continue if the Storage value exceeds that number. Your best bet to get a definite answer would be to contact the WooCommerce team.

For the Subscription Status Changed trigger, if you’re not given the status options by which to limit, you can add a filter step that then checks to make sure it’s the one you want. In the data that comes from your WooCommerce trigger there should be a field that specifies the exact status. That’s what you would use in your filter step.

Hope that helps!