Question

Zapier with QuickBooks Online New Invoice Line Items - How to make work?

• 21 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am probably missing something very obvious here but any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been trying for hours. I have a billing statement that uploads to Google Sheets, from there I have it create a 2nd worksheet and under that is where it sums up certain line items to use in QuickBooks invoices.

For example, 2nd Worksheet would have headers such as “Shipping” “Services” “Returns” and under those would be the sum of the total charges of all the rows that had those columns (for type of charge) in Worksheet 1. 

Now when I try to create an invoice in QuickBooks Online it says Line Item support and shows line items but it only lets me select 1 line item. Am I missing something?

I have tried using formatter to create line items, I tried using Get Many Rows in the Google Sheets actions to output line items, etc. But I can’t figure out how to properly use them in the QuickBooks Zap to make it actually break the line items out properly on the Invoice. It either breaks them out incorrectly or just uses “Amend” instead of the charge type, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @atester3 - Thanks for the question. You mentioned that you’re using Formatter to create line items, but it didn’t output the way you had hoped. Have you tried using Formatter by Zapier > Utilities? Here’s a guide on how to do that: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-line-items-formatterv2

I wanted to call your attention to this help portion in particular: 

Create your own Line-items for an invoicing Action using the Line Itemizer Utility

Let me know if that helped!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @atester3!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did the suggestion from @steph.n help you sort this out, or did you still need help? Please let us know :)