Question

Zapier With Discord Developer App Bot!?

• 13 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Zapier is really easy to integrate directly with Discord channels.. however there is no direct options for the Discord Developer App Portal. I'm having difficulties to integrate Zapier with the Bot via the Discord Developer Portal.

Anyone know how this can be done? Any tutorials out there? I think this can be done maybe using the webhooks but for some reason I was not able to make it work. (Please note im talking about the Bot in the Discord Developer Portal only)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Justpaulo!

I’m not personally familiar with the Discord Developer Portal, and given your mention of webhooks I would have been inclined to escalate your issue to our Support team to see if they could help at all (generally speaking webhooks are considered an advanced feature so our support for it may be limited in scope). It looks like you’ve already reached out to them, however. 

Out of curiosity, do you by any chance have a link to the API documentation for the Discord Developer Portal (as opposed to Discord, the app)? And have you tried reaching out to the Discord team to see if they can help out at all?

Userlevel 1

I already contacted the support team… Seems that they can’t help me, they replied with “APIs can be so different and each request can be so unique. This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected”….

They have their documentation at https://discord.com/developers/docs/intro

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Justpaulo!

Did you ever manage to get any guidance from the Discord team, about how to accomplish what you’re after? I think that might be your best bet. Or is there a Discord community, similar to ours, where you could ask about this?

Userlevel 1

5 months later and still no luck on making this happening :(

Everyone said that it’s out of their support scope...