Best answer

Zapier to recognize a field in Google Forms as a Salesforce ID?

• 27 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am setting up a Zap between Google Forms and Salesforce.

I want to create a new record under the an existing record on a related object (eg Add a Contact to an existing Account). I have a short text field in the Google Form for the submitter to insert the SFDC ID of the Account, but Zapier doesn't seem to be able to map that correctly. Is there a way to get Zapier to recognize a field in Google Forms as a Salesforce ID?

icon

Best answer by emily.mcinerney 27 September 2022, 22:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @emily.mcinerney! Thanks so much for reaching out in the Community!

I just wanted to double check are users inserting an Account ID? If so, I wonder if a “Find Record” Salesforce search as a second step would help? So your second step might look something like this:

Followed by a third action to “Update Record”. Do you think that could work? Keep us posted! 

Userlevel 1

The Zap actually worked anyway! Zapier was giving me an alert that the types didn’t match up, but I ran my own test and it worked!😀

Find Record is very useful to know about though, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Whoop, @emily.mcinerney! So glad to hear it ended up sorting itself out. The best kind of solution. 😂

Thanks for keep the topic updated and happy zapping! ⚡️