Question

Zapier Tidbyt

• 22 March 2023
  • 5 replies

This is probably a niche question. I currently have a zap that connects to slack and monitors for mentions, then notifies my tidbyt.

This works great, however the message persists for far too long on my tidbyt. I don’t see any settings for the last mention to timeout in the Zapier client on tidbyt. 

Other Tidbyt applications will timeout, or let the notification expire after x amount of time. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @morriscode 

Good question.

Can you elaborate by providing a specific example to give us more context about what you are trying to do?

Also, how are you Zap steps configured? (show screenshots)

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Absolutely! Thank you

I shared a link to the zap that should show how it’s configured. I’ll include screenshots here: 

Step 1

This produces the desired result. 

However the message stays in rotation far longer than it should for a simple notification. On the tidbyt side of things. Upon creation the data from the push is sent to the tidbyt Zapier app. 

However it never expires. Meaning that until I get another notification, this one will stay in my application cycle, constantly resurfacing in my Tidbyt app queue.

It should have an expiration timeout preferably a configurable one, to clear the data pushed from the event.

Spotify and Google Calendar for example will go to sleep or self clear if no new data is being sent

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@morriscode 

You may need to add a Delay step then another Send Notification step to set some default state to act as clearing the notification.

Thanks that’s a good idea, I’ll see if I can explore that. I’m not sure if there’s a way to send a clear. For transparency, I think this is more on the tidbyt side of the house than the zapier side, but you guys have a much more active community :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@morriscode 

If possible it would need to be supported in their API: https://tidbyt.dev/docs/api