Best answer

Zapier not finding updates in Excel Rows

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a multiple zaps set up to use Excel sheets as a data source , with updated row as the trigger.

If I update the rows in excel and then run the zap manually (Run Zap) ,Zapier always says it cannot find any updates.

It does ne matter how long I wait before running the Zap manually.

Anyone found a fix for this or workaround?

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 July 2021, 16:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Commissionly 

Check these help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/help

Alternative is to use GSheets or Airtable.

If you still need help, open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Commissionly 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Commissionly, just wanted to follow up here for you and anyone else following along with a similar issue! I see you wrote to our support team about this previously and my colleague William replied to say: 

When working with Excel, the trigger is not an instant trigger so it would have a delay based on your Zapier plan.

That said, the update time won't change how long it takes for the spreadsheet to make the data available. It will just make sure the zap asks for data more often. If the data isn't available, increasing this update time won't change how fast the zap triggers.

Can you try turning the zap off and back on and then try to update a row once more?

Turning the zap off and back on will refresh the deduplication list that helps the zap avoid duplicate entries. The zap will only be able to trigger on values that it hasn't seen before. If a value was seen in a specific cell already, the zap will ignore that value for that cell if it comes up again.

Hope that helps anyone experiencing the same troubles with Excel!