Best answer

Zapier Missing Wix Email Variable

I am trying to create a Wix-to-Convertkit integration for my email sequence. Unfortunately, when I try to set up the zapier, I am getting an error because the email variable is missing. What is the solution for this problem? It seems to happen no matter which integration I choose (I even tried a Wix-to-Gmail integration).

The image below shows the only integrations that pop up (I am at the bottom of the list of integrations, there are no more underneath the pictured ones). 

Please help!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 January 2021, 01:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @ellecareerservices,

did you try this with real data? And how does your WIX form currently look like? I think we can solve this if you provide some more details.

@Ennes, I tested this, but the test will not run successfully without the email variable. I am trying to find out why the other variables show, but the email variable does not show for any integrations with wix. All of my orders, when I access them via wix show the customer’s email address, but the variable does not show when I try to create the zapier integration. 

Also, this is not information being pulled from a form, but rather information being pulled from a customer order. I am trying to take my customer’s order data (name, email address, product information) and put it into convert kit so that I can send them a Welcome email. Once I am done with their order, I want to be able to trigger an Offboarding email that will send them a 30-day and 60-day follow-up. To make the process automated, I need their email as one of the variables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To confirm, you’re using Wix Automations as the trigger?

Did you try scrolling/searching for the email address parameters?

In Wix, what are the settings (triggers/actions) of your Wix Automation?

EXAMPLE

@Troy Tessalone  and @Ennes …. I am using Wix Automations as the trigger. 

I am trying to use the information from my customer’s order (When: Customer Makes a Purchase)

This was the original sequence that I wanted to take place:

1. Customer makes purchase
  2. Zapier sends order information to clickup (Customer Name, Product Information, Customer Email). But the customer Email variable is missing.
  3. Clickup-to-convertkit automation will take place when I move the task to “Complete” This will trigger an off-boarding email to be sent to my customers in 30 days to check in with them and close their order.

I cannot get the wix automation with zapier to bring my client’s email information over to clickup. That information is necessary for me to trigger the convertkit off-boarding email that I need to send to my customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

ALTERNATIVE: For the Wix Automation, as an alternative, albeit a bit more technical, you can try Connect to Webhook.

For the Zap trigger, choose Webhook, then Catch Hook, which will provide the URL to put in the Wix Automation configuration, where you can then specify which fields to pass from Wix to the Zap trigger to then map to the other steps in the Zap.

@Troy Tessalone What do I put for the URL? Again, this is information I’m trying to pull into my automation when a new client places an order on my website. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

“For the Zap trigger, choose Webhook, then Catch Hook, which will provide the URL to put in the Wix Automation configuration”

“For the Zap trigger, choose Webhook, then Catch Hook, which will provide the URL to put in the Wix Automation configuration”

I understand that, but there’s a box asking me to provide a URL before I can move onto the next step of the process. Where do I get that URL from that is required?

Also, when I clicked on Payload structure, these are the only variables that come up. How is this going to help me gather the variable for the email my clients are required to share when they purchase?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looks like the Customer Email data point isn’t available for some reason, so you may have to use a different Wix Autoamtion trigger to get the desired info.

Looks like the Customer Email data point isn’t available for some reason, so you may have to use a different Wix Autoamtion trigger to get the desired info.

@Troy Tessalone...which other automation can I use to get the desired information? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not exactly sure, you might have to try the other available triggers via trial and error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! There may be some alternatives here that I can think of, but before we explore these @ellecareerservices , would it be possible for you to reach out to Wix support and find out if this is intended behaviour? It may be a bug...

Hey, same problem here.

The problem is not with Wix, because when you test and check eh Data Out, the data is there:

The problem is when you try to create the steps. Because Zapier don't refresh with the new data or with all variables that is possible to use.

I am having the same problem. Cannot add anything for email address or for order ID. Despite both being collected

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone!

My colleague @TimS actually sent me something yesterday that explains a workaround for when the trigger step doesn’t give you the same field as when the Zap runs live (or if it doesn’t provide it at all).  It’s not ready to share here in its entirety but the workaround would be a perfect thing to try in this case so I wanted to offer an abridged version.

This involves using a second Zap (which will use up an extra task each time). Here’s the general idea:

Zap 1

Trigger: Wix
Action: Webhooks by Zapier — POST (this would replace whatever action you currently have)

Zap 2

Trigger: Webhooks by Zapier — Catch Hook
Action: Whatever the action in your original Zap would have been

What this does is send the fields as they actually come through, from Wix to that Catch Hook-triggered Zap. You can then map them into the action step that you originally had in your Wix-triggered Zap.

So this would be Zap 2 (the one that receives from your Wix-triggered Zap):

Click Copy to copy the URL you’ll need. Place that URL here in Zap 1 (this triggers from Wix and sends to Zap 2, which then sends to the app of your choice):

Turn on Zap 1, have it run live then test the trigger for Zap 2 and you should see all the fields that are available to you in the Data Out tab (as mentioned above by @badtux):

Whew! Hopefully this hasn’t caused more confusion. It’s not super straightforward to explain but once you get into it, it’s not super difficult to set up. Hope this helps!

Did this work for anyone?  I’m still trying to figure out how to send an e-mail through Flodesk to people who have purchased from my shop.  I couldn’t figure out what to put in Step One above where I need to insert a URL, what URL?