Best answer

Zapier Integration with Acuity to Update ClickUp Tasks

• 12 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey all! 

I currently have an automation where I have ClickUp create task every time a client submits an application to work with me. After they submit their application, they are invited to book a call with me.

I want to create a Zap where I can update the status of the ClickUp Task from APPLICATION SUBMITTED to CALL BOOKED but cannot find that option. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 October 2022, 01:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @coachcareer ,

I can see currently there is no action to update a task on Zapier. What you can do is you can make a custom webhook call to Clickup API.

You can view Clickup API Doc here https://clickup.com/api

To learn how to use Webhooks by Zapier - https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @coachcareer

There’s an existing feature request for an Update Task action to be added to the ClickUp integration so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, as jayeshkumarbhatia suggested, it may be possible to achieve this using a Webhooks by Zapier step.

Judging by their API documentation it looks as though you’d need to set up a webhook step to send a PUT request to update a task in ClickUp: Tasks > Update Task. I’d recommended also checking out our Send webhooks in Zaps guide for details on how to go about setting that webhook step up.

Hope that helps! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome to the Community, @coachcareer

There’s an existing feature request for an Update Task action to be added to the ClickUp integration so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, as jayeshkumarbhatia suggested, it may be possible to achieve this using a Webhooks by Zapier step.

Judging by their API documentation it looks as though you’d need to set up a webhook step to send a PUT request to update a task in ClickUp: Tasks > Update Task. I’d recommended also checking out our Send webhooks in Zaps guide for details on how to go about setting that webhook step up.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi friends! Ready for some good news?! 🥁

Excited to announce ClickUp now offers an “Update Task” Action! Woohoo! 

Hope this helps and happy zapping! ⚡️