Best answer

Zapier gogle drive multiple file issue

• 28 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello when we are uploading multiple audio file then it is showing a .txt file as shown here https://prnt.sc/spawr2

when we uplaod 1 file then it is working fine but when we upload multiple file then it shows a .txt file can you please help us to overcome it.

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 29 May 2020, 16:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey are you sending these in one task or multiple?

For multiple files, you’ll need a task each

We are sending in 1 task because the form is dynamic i.e user can uplaod as manay file they want and that to it can be audio or video files as shown here http://testcaption.captionengine.com/upload-form/
then how can we divide into multiple task.

Let us know if you need any other dteials.

Userlevel 1

If it’s a dynamic number of files, I’d just create a zap for each file, because every upload needs its own task. 

ok so would that be possible for us to get the each file sharing link in respsonse ?
becuase when we are manaully triggering the zap hook using wp_remote_post we get the repsonse but not the sharing URL
so can you please help us to achive our functiality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! I don’t know how you’ve configured it, but if at all possible, you would need to split these into different tasks. There doesn’t even seem to be an endpoint in Google Drive’s API to create multiple files.

If I was solving your problem, I’d use a different app as a sort-of “dropping off point” and trigger from that app. Perhaps look at something like Airtable (but even then, you’d need to either create an app or a webhook to achieve this for multiple records) or basically anywhere where you can create multiple records as line items, and then trigger each record individually to create a file in Google Drive?