Question

Zapier Formatter - Nested Line Items

• 29 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I looking for some direction on how to approach a problem I have using the Zapier Formatter. 

I’m trying to process orders from our e-commerce application Foxycart using Zapier Formatter. I’m able to pull orders from Foxy and using the Iine Item to Text utility in Formatter I can convert this to a CSV… until a line item has options. Below is an example of one line time that has optional values for ‘Colour’ and a second option ‘Picking Location’. The second option also has a value, it just does not appear in the image below.

I’m assuming that I need I need to add additional formatter steps to convert these nested options to line item values but have no idea how to do this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AndyK

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @AndyK!

Line items are definitely one of the more tricky things to work with in Zapier. Do you have an example of what you’d want that CSV file to end up looking like, given what’s in your screenshot. That might help us figure out whether Formatter will be enough (as opposed to something like a Code step, perhaps). Thanks!