Best answer

Zapier disconnecting from Salesforce

I am connecting Zapier to Salesforce, and after a few hours or by the next day it will disconnect. This is our 1st Zapier setup. Per your help, I have made sure we only have less than 5 oAuth user’s. As an example when I come in the next morning and log into Zapier, select “Test” to check the connection, it will say “ Not working”, and I can select the “see details” and get this picture as seen below - and I have double check to make sure all are this are done.

By the way, I have the Zap set to “Off” as I am still working on this, but haven’t been able to complete it 100% because the next day it is no longer connected. Any help is appreciated, and here is the error picture:

icon

Best answer by Danvers 19 March 2021, 17:49

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mel C - Thanks for writing to us! 

I have gone ahead and alerted our team in charge of this integration, so that they can review this issue further.

While I can't provide an ETA for when this issue might be resolved, we will reach out to you via email once it is.

Thanks!

Hi Steph.n,

Thanks for this…. look forward to a resolution….

Userlevel 1

I'm also experiencing the same issue.  I have actually completed the integrations and turned on my apps but every time I test the connection it's always "not working” and I'm having to reconnect everynow and then which really isn't sustainable for me.

Please advise way forward.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Userlevel 1

I’m also seeing this issue, any resolution yet?

Brendan

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Leadsintegration and @Brendan Mart! You’ve both been added to the issue tracker as affected users, so when this is resolved you’ll be notified via email. 

It looks like you both have conversations going with our Support team. They would honestly be the best ones to dig into this for you if you have any other questions.

So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Userlevel 1

I’m also seeing this issue, any resolution yet?

Matt

Userlevel 1

Update: 05/26/20

I am still seeing this issue with the disconnects more frequent over the weekend.

Do you have a timeline for a fix or a workaround?

I do not want to use the Salesforce (Legacy) as this does not meet my needs, and I am forced to check this about every 4 to 5 hours and reconnect the app if needed.

Thank you!

Matt Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @novarica! I’m really sorry for the hassle with your Zaps. I don’t have a timeline on when this will be resolved but I have added you to the list of affected users, which means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Userlevel 1

Why are you guys not fixing this issue? 

It has been months now.

My workaround is checking and/or reconnecting twice a day.

I mean, seriously, if the app is that broken, just get rid of the dam thing!

Matt Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@novarica I’ve pinged the engineering team on this one, to see if there are any updates and to reiterate that it’s causing frustration.  As Danvers mentioned, we don’t have a timeline. But I have tried to bring some attention to this Community post, in the hopes that it helps to move things along :)

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Has this issue been looked at yet?

Matt Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @novarica, I’m sorry for the continued frustration on this one. 

We are actively looking into this and haven’t found a resolution yet, but we are continuing to investigate so that we can find a solution as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Team, 

@novarica @nicksimard Currently we are doing Salesforce to Salesforce integration. I am also facing similar issue. If possible, you can update once its resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Barath Vignesh, I’ve added you to the list of affected users so that you’ll get an email when we have and update. We’ll also do our best to circle back on this thread to update things here too. 

I also am having this issue. It’s pretty frustration to have to check our automations system - pretty much defeats the purpose of automating if we have then manually check the automation.

We are similliar to most of the above users in that we are using a Production version of Salesforce and we are under the recommended 5 oAuth users. However, in a slightly different twist from the above users, our Connection shows as broken every day, but the Zaps we have connected continue to function.

Thank you in advance for adding us to your Bug report and update emails.

Also experiencing this issue and would like to be notified as soon as there is a resolution (or at least a timeline)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tlee and @Thomas R!

So sorry for the hassle this is causing. I’ve added both of you as affected users as well.

Userlevel 1

I have had approximately 20-30 emails back and forward with both SF and Zapier regarding this issue. Turning the user timeout off helps somewhat and seems to extend the disconnection to once or twice a week. Salesforce legacy does not allow for use of most custom objects and has very limited functionality. It is a massive flaw that zapier cannot connect to one of the world's most-used CRM systems. Both Zapier and salesforce help have basically given up on this and told me its an ‘open issue’. Surely the point at which it disconnects is logged somewhere and can at least be attributed to certain triggers. 

ALSO, why is this thread marked solved??

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

We recently had a user share a solution that resolved this issue for them, and wanted to share it more broadly here, in case it might resolve things for you as well. 

They DISABLED (unchecked) these two settings within their Salesforce “Session Settings” to get things to work for them:

• Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated
  • Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used

Please note, this solution may not work for all cases, and has not been reproduced and tested by the Zapier team. Let us know in this thread if this does or does not resolve things for you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

We recently had a user share a solution that resolved this issue for them, and wanted to share it more broadly here, in case it might resolve things for you as well. 

They DISABLED (unchecked) these two settings within their Salesforce “Session Settings” to get things to work for them:

• Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated
  • Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used

Please note, this solution may not work for all cases, and has not been reproduced and tested by the Zapier team. Let us know in this thread if this does or does not resolve things for you.

Thanks!

Hi Michelle, 

I wanted to let you know I tried this solution and it broke the connections and caused a bunch of my zaps to be held by Zapier. I have reverted the settings and replayed the effected zaps to compensate.

WARNING!!! DO NOT USE THIS SOLUTION. IT DOES NOT WORK.

Matt Bruce

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reporting that @novarica!

Userlevel 1

Hi nicksimard, 

I don’t mind reporting this, but it has been over 8 months since I first reported without a resolution, and I am getting tired of checking and reconnecting my Salesforce apps on a daily basis. I need a solution to this ASAP or I will be looking for an alternative platform to Zapier. 

Regards, 

Matt Bruce

it@novarica.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! 

This was a bug that’s now been fixed. Here’s what the team shared regarding the fix:

We've worked with our team to identify the problem where your connection to Salesforce from Zapier would be marked stale inadvertently. It turns out there were a couple of different bugs involved, and we issued a fix for the last one yesterday. We appreciate your patience if you've been manually updating your connection while we worked on this.

If you migrated to our Salesforce (Legacy) application while this was happening, we feel confidant you can migrate back to the current Salesforce application and take advantage of its new features. If you do happen to encounter this issue again (or any other issues!), please let our team know so we can work to resolve it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers, 

Thank you for the update. I migrated back to the current Salesforce (Premium) app 6 days ago and have not had any issues. Keep up the good work!

Regards, 

Matt Bruce

it@novarica.com