Skip to main content

I used a customer Action Button in Zapier.

Where a custom record is created, it initiates a refund request. However, I am getting the following error:

I thought it could be the connection; however, the API is working fine with requesting payments from customers, it’s just the refund aspect.

Basically, when a custom entity is created in D365 Sales > Finds the payment based on a Payment Intent ID (the customers pay using Stripe’s checkout) > refund initiated.

I’ve also tried the above method via the Charge ID and have had no luck. Any thoughts on where I could be going wrong?

I’m very new to API’s and integrations (hence Zapier).

Custom Action Workflow:

Error Message:

Welcome to the Community, @nextgenillusion! 😁

Hmm, usually a 500 error would indicate that there’s an issue on Stripe’s end. Often that kind of error is temporary though.

Can you try testing that custom action again? Making sure to supply the refund amount and reason as well as the payment intent id. And let us know whether it goes through successfully now.

If it doesn’t and produces a different error can you share a screenshot of that here? Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!