Best answer

Zapier creating multiple folders of the same name in DropBox from Pipedrive

• 11 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - I’m trying to create a zap that, when triggered by a particular action in Pipedrive, bounces over to Dropbox and creates a folder in the form of {Company City}/{Company Name}.  However, while it does that fairly nicely - there’s no way (that I can see) of first checking to see if a particular folder exists.

For example, if I’ve got 3 companies in Boston named A, B, and C and I run the zap once for each company, what I get is:

/Boston/A

/Boston (1)/B

/Boston (2)/C

Instead of A, B, and C all being sub folders of a single Boston folder.  

Ideally, I’d like the Dropbox end of things to check and see if the ‘City’ folder exists already.  If it does, just skip the creation of the ‘City’ folder and just create a Company one.

Is this something that can be done with Zapier as-is, or would it require digging into the API?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 February 2021, 00:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MikeMcG 

Try this Dropbox Search step

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone - Thanks for that - I’ll take a look into it a little later this afternoon.  I had seen it yesterday, but didn’t dig into the functionality at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MikeMcG 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu - Sorry for not updating this.  We actually decided to put the onus on the sales rep for them to manually create the folder and then copy that URL into the deal in Pipedrive.

Sometimes - using a human is far easier than coding something. :)

Thanks though for checking in, it’s greatly appreciated!