Best answer

Zapier/ChatGPT Lookup Spreadsheet Rows - How to find substring in field?

• 28 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, i’m trying to use zapier with chatgpt to find all rows that contain a specific substring. So for example, trying to find all rows that contain “Vitamin B”, an example row might contain “Vitamina B12 capsules (90)”.

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 June 2023, 13:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @dkennedy

Ah yes, the Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items) (Google Sheets) action only looks for an exact match currently.

We have a feature request open for the ability to have a fuzzy (non-exact) search option added which would potentially allow it to see “Vitamin B12 capsules (90)” as a match when searching for “Vitamin B”. So I’ve added your vote to that. 

There’s no ETA on when that would become available but we’ll be sure to notify you by email the minute it is!

As a workaround, I wonder if you could add a column to the spreadsheet that contains the type of vitamin that you’d be searching for, e.g Vitamin B. That way you could search for the value in that column instead and it should be able to find a match across multiple rows. It’s not an ideal solution I know as you’d have to go through and add the relevant values in that column for each row in the spreadsheet in order for this to work but may be an option worth exploring in the meantime.

If you’re able to get that suggested workaround up and running or you find a different solution please let us know. We’d love to hear how you get on with this!

Thanks for adding my votes to the feature request but the idea of going through the sheet marking each row is definitely not the solution here, kinda makes it pointless using zapier/chatgpt for the task if i have to manually update each row.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @dkennedy,

You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that SamB was able to add your vote to our ongoing feature request.

I understand if the suggested workaround doesn't quite hit the mark for you. However, there's another option you might consider. Our certified Zapier Experts could help you create a custom integration, provided the app's API allows it. This could really help streamline your workflow.

You can find our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Thank you for your understanding.