Best answer

Zapier Calendar Integration

• 29 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Zapier Calendar Integration between Outlook and Gmail not recognizing trigger events.

“We couldn’t find an event” 

All fields have been entered correctly. 

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 30 October 2020, 13:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy - I deleted and reconfigured and the trigger tests seemed to work but now events added to Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar are not syncing in either direction

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Syncing settings on those Calendar apps is different than configuring updates via Zaps.

Userlevel 1

i haven’t been able to get Outlook to sync with Google calendars - i was led to believe Zapier was a solution - is that incorrect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zaps can be used to update data between Zaps in one-direction.

Technically that is different than syncing data between apps, which is a bi-directional.

And with Zapier you have to be aware of creating an infinite loop: https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/zap-is-stuck-in-a-loop

Userlevel 1

OK thanks - i will dig into potential problems/solutions further - i’m reasonably capable just frustrated the apps don’t sync 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Google vs Microsoft - they don’t always play nice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Esk! You should be able to set up a Zap so that when an event is added to one calendar, it’s added to the other. 

If you’re seeing the message that the Zap couldn’t find an event then try adding a new one to test it with and then going back to the Zap and re-testing the trigger step. 

One thing that I will say is that you should always be careful about trying to set up a sync that goes in both directions when you use a Zap. It’s best to stick to one source of truth and have a Zap pass that to the other calendar (eg you only create or update events in the Google Calendar). If you try to create a two way sync, you could end up getting stuck in a loop and using a lot of tasks very quickly! You can learn more about Zap loops in this guide: https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/zap-is-stuck-in-a-loop

Userlevel 1

thank you - I was actually able to get the sync to work from MSFT side without Zapier - they’ve apparently recently made some inroads in compatibility - perhaps a precursor for better cooperation :pray: