Best answer

Zapier AI - answer a question with blank space rather than No Answer Found

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m using Zapier AI beta to basically search a website for a list of words (which originally come from a table in Coda).

I have an example of the question below:

• if the word Waste if found on this website then answer with the “Waste” otherwise answer “ “

If the word is found on the website I want the answer to just have the word in it (I have this part working using the question above).

If the word is not found I just want a blank answer, as I am sending the answers back to Coda to write to a table. But currently if the word is not found on the website I keep getting “No Answer Found” no matter what way I phrase the question (which then writes “No Answer Found” back to the table on Coda, which I don’t want),

There may be a better way in general to do this, but any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Gavin Wiener 26 July 2023, 13:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

A workaround could be to use a Utility > Lookup Table step after the AI step.

You could set No Answer Found to return nothing.

And set the default as the response from the AI step.

A Utility > String Replace step could also work.

It’ll make sense when you look at the Utility Zap.

Do you think that would help?

Userlevel 1

Hi Gavin - the String Replace option does what I need 😊

I had to add a another step to split the text into seperate fields tp update Coda correctly, but it is working now. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Gavin - the String Replace option does what I need 😊

I had to add a another step to split the text into seperate fields tp update Coda correctly, but it is working now. Thank you!

Awesome, glad it worked.

The reason I mentiond it second: I thought there might be some odd cases that the AI’s answer included the words “No answer found” in a real answer.

But that’s probably quite unlikely 😅