Best answer

Zap wont turn on, keep getting this error - The app returned "Invalid query.".

• 10 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I’m creating a zap to go from GiveWP to Google Sheet. Setup seems fine, testing does create a new spreadsheet row just fine. But every time I try to turn on the zap i get this error - 

The app returned "Invalid query.".

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 11 December 2020, 23:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@bdsteele34 - I think that error is coming from GiveWP because it failed to set up the trigger when you turned the zap on. Can you show us a screenshot of what the GiveWP step setup looks like? Thanks!

Thank you. Is this the screenshot you are looking for? I was never prompted to set something up in GiveWP. When I first connected GiveWP to Zapier it asked me to login and that was it. 

I reinserted the Public Key and the Token from GiveWP, and it still does not work. 

Maybe I’m missing something, but since the test works, shouldn't the Zap turn on? The tests work fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@bdsteele34 - Hmmm, I guess there’s a bug with GiveWP integration. I’m going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team and if needed, they can escalate it to the Support Team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bdsteele34!

I feel like this wasn’t always the case, but the GiveWP integration is now invite-only, meaning we don’t have as much insight or access to it. In fact, we don’t have a space where we would report a bug because the integration isn’t publicly-available (anyone can create on our Developer Platform and keep it private or invite-only).

I did find their detailed documentation (looks a little outdated so I don’t know how accurate it will be) for working with the Zapier integration, so maybe that will help you resolve this :)

If not, I’d suggest getting in touch with the GiveWP team to see if they can help you troubleshoot that.